- This forum is empty.
- Last Post
RESNET EnergySmart Forum for Builders
The RESNET EnergySmart program for builders offers a new and distinctive certification for home builders. Many new homes are already having energy tests being performed on them because of the new energy codes and it is relatively easy to convert these code specific tests into full-blown home energy (HERS) ratings. An EnergySmart Builder agrees to have a HERS Rating performed on each home built. This gives a certified home energy index number the builder can use to prove the efficiency of these homes. Plus, a builder can take the information derived from the HERS rating to initiate an Energy Mortgage, Green Mortgage or other private financing options that are otherwise not available to them. The HERS ratings can also apply to other programs, such as ENERGY STAR for New Homes, the US Green Building Council's LEED for Homes program and the National Green Building Standard.
- No Topics
RESNET EnergySmart Teams – All Trades
Every RESNET Certified EnergySmart Team must be comprised of at least the following trades:
- One RESNET EnergySmart Certified Project Manager
- One RESNET EnergySmart Certified Weatherization Contractor
- One RESNET EnergySmart or ICCA Certified Insulation Contractor
- One ACCA QI Certified HVAC Contractor (If HVAC work is involved)
- And, of course, One RESNET Certified Home Energy Rater
- No Topics
- RESNET EnergySmart Forum for Builders
- Oh, bother! No topics were found here.
- You must be logged in to create new topics.