HERS Rater Training - Prepare for the certification test, combustion test, and practical simulation test - simulation tool and tests included - SORRY! This Class is Full!
From 8:00am until 6:00pm
At Accurate Rater Network Training Room
11507 Applewood Drive, Kansas City, MO 64134
Who should take this course?
This course is designed to train students to be Certified Home Energy Raters and to prepare for the RESNET national rater exam. It is expected that students have some familiarity with comfort diagnostics, residential construction and/or HVAC systems. As such, this course was constructed for energy auditors, remodelers, builders, insulators, HVAC contractors, and housing inspectors. Others are welcome to attend as well, but would be well advised to do some studying in these fields prior to coming to training class. Study materials and access to the combustion testing simulation tool will be sent when course registration is received. This intensive class runs from 8:00am – 6:00pm each day with homework each evening. Come prepared to work hard, study hard and learn!
What will you learn?
- An understanding of building science principals and residential energy use.
- How to conduct a comprehensive diagnostic and combustion safety analysis of a home.
- How to produce a complete home energy analysis using REM/Rate™
- How to use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools, including a blower door, Duct Blaster™, Combustible Gas Sniffer, and CO Detector
- How to evaluate the energy performance, comfort and safety of a house.
- What to look for, such as, hidden flaws often found in residential construction that can cause high utility bills, discomfort, moisture problems and indoor air quality problems.
How will you become certified?
To become certified as a professional home energy rater, you must successfully complete this training course, including two ratings performed during training, pass the RESNET national rater exam, pass the RESNET national CAZ (Combustion Appliance Zone) Testing exam and practical simulation exam. Then you must complete a minimum of three (3) probationary ratings with your chosen Rating Quality Assurance Provider. Doing so, you will be able to produce energy rating reports that will help homebuyers and homeowners qualify for energy rebates and a variety of private and government loan programs. Accurate Rater Network by Hathmore Technologies, LLC’s home energy rater training course is accredited by the Residential Energy Services Network, also known as RESNET.
Note: Fees for the initial attempt at each exam are included with course registration.